Ferrite Microwave Technologies (FMT) single mode microwave systems are a solution for the most challenging of heating or drying processes. Through our partnership with IMS, we’ve developed and patented designs for applying power to achieve rapid uniform microwave heating for continuous planar (on a belt through a tunnel) and cylindrical (pumpable fluids through a pipe) processes. Single mode systems are available using either 2450MHz or 915MHz frequencies.
Single Mode Capabilities: Ferrite & IMS
Microwave Techniques acquisition of Industrial Microwave Systems (IMS) expands the groups capabilities into single mode processing systems for fluids and solids. While most of Ferrite’s systems are multi-mode, the majority of IMS products are single mode. Through a combined product offering, Ferrite & IMS systems complement one another. The Microwave Techniques group expands their capabilities through the support of various microwave assited processes including: sterilizing, cracking, reacting, curing, bonding, tempering, pasteurizing, heating, drying, and more.
The Microwave Techniques group combined capabilities includes:
- Commercial-scale and lab-scale
- Custom Development & Modeling
- Stand-alone generators & transmitters
- Power levels ranging from 6 kW to 1.2 MW
- Multi-mode and single mode microwave systems
- Component product support from Mega (waveguides) & Ferrite (circulators)
- Global support of all systems: service, upgrades, repairs, spare parts, component refurbishment
IMS: Global Leader in Single Mode Systems
Industrial Microwave Systems (IMS) is a leading designer of innovative, patented, and proven single mode microwave systems for continuous flow manufacturing processes. IMS systems assist production in a wide variety of industries. From chemicals, industrial products, textiles, and foams – to food, beverage, and slurry processing – there is a high probability that IMS can immediately provide a cost-effective and efficient solution. Since IMS offers several different types of planar applicators, single mode microwave systems may provide a better solution than a one-size-fits-all multi-mode system.
Single mode microwave systems can be used for many stand-alone heating and drying applications. However, its specific benefits are best achieved when applied to preheating materials before entering a conventional dryer to raise the product moisture to its evaporative temperature. Alternatively, it may be best used for post drying materials after a conventional dryer. This helps optimize the uniformity of a product’s final moisture content.
The benefits to utilizing a single mode microwave system include:
- Ideal for small-scale production or pilot plant use
- Easier to control, clean, and inspect, when required
- Suitable for both horizontal and vertical applications
- Standalone system has few moving parts, other than product conveyor belt
- Designs for solids (sheet type products) or liquids (slurries, chemicals, fluids)
- Modular designs make for easier retrofitting or adding to existing infrastructure
- Reduction of footprint, compared to conventional heating or drying technologies
To learn more about Ferrite & IMS single mode systems, please contact our support team.