Ferrite Microwave Technologies supplies univerities and laboratories with a wide variety of waveguide components for scientific research. Our novel designs offer protection for the world’s cutting edge high-power, high-energy physics applications. The devices manufactured by FMT are the choice of well-informed physicists and researchers worldwide.
Scientific Research: High Energy Physics
Our specific technology in these applications include minimizing insertion loss, maximizing isolation and ensuring the devices ability to manage reflections up to 100% without degradation.
Recent advances in energy management such as our VSWR Adaptive Tuning Network (VAT) allows us to maintain a leading role in the next generation of accelerator physics and research programs. A partial directory of institutions utilizing our technology include LBNL, MIT, CERN, DESY, LANL, SLAC, BNL, JLAB, ALBA, ANL, Fermilab, ESS, Princeton, Daresbury, Rutherford, and Cornell.
Ferrite Microwave Technologies stands ready to provide waveguide components to scientific research applications. We look forward to addressing the next generation of accelerator physics and research programs.
Waveguide Components for Scientific Research: Capabilities
FMT partners with various universities and laboratories to deliver project-specific waveguide components, based on their exact needs. Our waveguide components capabilities for scientific research applications includes:
- RoHS compliant
- ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D Certification
- ISO Class 5 Clean Room for vacuum components
- Advanced microwave & RF engineering team for product development
- Specialization in high power components in sizes from WR28 to WR2300+
- Capabilities at various product levels: components, systems, assemblies, interfaces, cooling, environmental requirements
- Decades of experience working with linear accelerators, synchrotrons, universities, national laboratoires, light source facilities
As a Microwave Techniques company, Ferrite Microwave Technologies works directly with the legacy product line from Mega Industries. In addition to FMT’s circulators, isolators, duplexers, loads, and windows – Mega offers a multitude of coaxial and waveguide components for scientific resarch, as well. Together, we’ve joined forces to create Microwave Techniques, the global leader in high power microwave.