Ferrite Microwave Technologies (FMT) air cooled waveguide loads are great alternatives when lower power allows for their use. Air cooled low and medium power loads manufactured using the same high power refractory grade ceramic as our high power loads. These elements are attached to the waveguide walls using a high temperature bonding agent.
Low & Medium Power Loads
Low and medium power air cooled waveguide loads are usually lighter and smaller in size than the high power alternatives. These style loads are available in aluminum and brass. Ferrite Microwave Technologies offers a variety of different flange options. Typically, we offer these loads with either CPR or UG type flanges for given waveguide size.
- Options for low & medium power
- Designed with reliability and mechanical strength
- Custom flange configurations & mounting available
- Ensures maximum heat transfer at the rated power levels
- Rugged construction, reliable performance and reasonable cost
- Utilizing ultra-high temperature refractory ceramic as microwave absorber
In waveguide configurations, FMT delivers a range of terminations & loads from WR28 to WR2300. Ferrite Microwave Technologies coaxial loads are also available in coaxial in sizes from SMA to 9.1875.”
Common Uses for Air Cooled Loads
Loads and terminations can be found in several applications. FMT supplies loads for the scientific, medical, commercial, industrial, and radar settings. The common uses for microwave & RF loads include:
- CLINAC systems (medical)
- Satellite communications (base station)
- Industrial settings (heating, drying and other processing)
- Scientific (high energy physics research, laboratory testing)
- Radar (commercial, weather tracking, communications and military)
Other Loads: Mega Industries
In partnership with Mega Industries (our fellow Microwave Techniques company), we offer the widest line of loads available in the high-power microwave industry. Mega manufactures a range of loads ranging from instrument level, low power loads, to very high power system loads. Air cooled loads are available to handle most medium power applications. Mega also develops custom designed loads for use in the harshest of environments, designed to fit in the most demanding of locations. With load elements fro 1.12 GHz to 40 GHz, there is no problem too tough to tackle.
To learn more about FMT or Mega air cooled waveguide loads, please contact our support team.