Ferrite Microwave Technologies continues to lead the way with waveguide components research & development for microwave & RF applications. Frequently, FMT is recognized for our ability to find advanced solutions and new ways to better fit our customers’ needs. We have dedicated research & development teams that work to find up-to-date solutions.
Components Research & Development: Overview
Through waveguide components research & development, we find ways where we can improve not only the performance, but the power handling capabilities of our devices. These improvements allow for protection and measurement at significantly higher power levels. In addition, we often find smaller package sizes for existing systems. We’ve even allowed for reduced cooling needs. Thus, lowering the overall system power requirements.
FMT’s advanced research & development team is focused solely on providing state-of-the-art RF & microwave solutions. Though our expertise for waveguide components research & development is strong in the ISM bands, we also have a multitude of solutions down to 50 MHz and power levels up to 50 MW. Part of our team’s work includes the integration of waveguide devices into existing RF systems and microwave infrastructure.
FMT: Components R&D Programs
Some of our notable work in waveguide components research and development includes:
- UFAT-10: Adaptive tuner used in a network to minimize system reflections
- CCS-10: By monitoring forward and reverse power, it automatically re-tunes circulators to optimum performance parameters.
- Ultra-High Vacuum Technology: special R&D focus in S-Band / WR284 / R32 for scientific research and medical LINAC applications
- Development of high-power microwave & RF combiners for use in solid-state power amplifier technology
- Optimization of vacuum window materials: OFHC copper, non-magnetic stainless steel, ceramics such as aluminuma, sapphire, and quartz
- Ongoing waveguide components research and development programs focused on the next generation of devices within the UHF, L, S, C, and X Bands
- R&D programs focused on industrial processing systems and components for plasma generation, CVD diamond growth, microwave pyrolysis and high volume material processing
For more information, please contact our support team. Our technical research and development team is on hand to assist you in developing and manufacturing specialized equipment at your request. We look forward to learning about your application, and developing custom solutions based on your specific requirements.