CIRCULATORS & ISOLATORS DESIGNED FOR:
- High Peak Power
- High Average Power
- Convection Cooled
- Liquid Cooled.
It is important to note that achievable power levels are dependent upon a variety of factors. These include pulse length, pulse repetition rate, pressure level and type.
Designed for high reliability where failure cannot be tolerated.
- Environments – land based, mobile, naval, airborne.
- High shock, vibration and temperature extremes as can be found in military applications.
- Many qualified units, including AWACS, TPS-78, ASR-9, TRC-170, SMART-L, HAWK.
- Our Circulators and Isolators are available in frequencies ranging from 56MHz to 45GHz in configurations for all power levels. Interfaces cover all industry configurations as well as mating to custom applications.
- Used for source protection with Magnetrons, TWT’s, Klystrons & Solid Sate Amplifiers.
- Applications range from Accelerators (Scientific and Medical), Radar Systems (Isolators or Duplexers), Communication Systems and Industrial.
Circulators & Isolators
3 Port Junctions
We offer a broad range of 3 Port Junction Circulators in both waveguide and coaxial configurations. Circulators are available in frequencies ranging from 56MHz to 45GHz and in all standard industry bandwidths. Small size when compared with Four Ports. Waveguide sizes are available from WR2300 to WR22. Coaxial sizes are available from SMA to 9-3/16 EIA along with industry standard Tab Mount. Depending on power and output mismatch conditions cooling can be performed either by air (natural convection or forced) or liquid. Junction Circulators can be supplied in either “Y” or “T” configuration. Circulators maintain good isolation with very low insertion loss.
- Output mismatch will affect input VSWR but this can be mitigated with the use of active magnetic bias control allowing for a low and stable input VSWR over a broad range of power and output match conditions. See our VAT-10 VSWR Adaptive Tuner.
- Power levels ranging from watts to megawatts. For applications of high peak power Ferrites circulators can be pressurized with air, nitrogen or SF6.
- Commonly used in military, medical, and commercial application where size must be kept to a minimum.
- For use as an Isolator the best approach is the have the Circulator and Load tuned together as an assembly.
4 Port Differential Phase Shift
Ferrite has a broad range of Four Port Differential Circulators. Circulators are available in frequencies ranging from 900MHz to 45GHz and in all standard industry bandwidths. Waveguide sizes are available from WR22 to WR975. Depending on power and output mismatch conditions cooling can be performed either by air (natural convection or forced) or liquid. Peak power as high as 25MW and averages into the hundreds of kW.
Unlike Junction Circulators the output mismatch has no bearing on the Input match as long as the Isolated Ports have well matched loads.
Power levels ranging from watts to megawatts. For applications of high peak power Ferrites circulators can be pressurized with air, nitrogen or SF6.
Designs in both above and below resonance are available in most cases depending on frequency of operation and bandwidth. Where used the above resonance design allows for much lower insertion loss while also removing the possibility of non-linearity.
- Temperature compensating materials can be used for air cooled applications.
- For very high average power applications multiple phase shift sections can be used to decrease the thermal stress and loading on the ferrite material. Ferrite has also pioneered multi-phase shift sectioned assemblies using both E and H Plane splitters. An example is where in WR650 a 5MW peak 310kW average power level was achieved while working into a 3:1 output mismatch.
- Output mismatch does not affect input match as can happen in a 3 port junction
Unsure about precisely how much energy you will need for your particular microwave system application?
Download this guide to understand the simple calculation and more.
- Learn to calculate your energy requirements for drying your material
- Know your power needs upfront for success with potential suppliers
- Learn how accurate energy estimates are essential for ROI